Family pets killed, none hurt in Beauregard house fire | News
BEAUREGARD, AL (WTVM)- East Alabama neighbors are on alert after a fire sparked twice in one day at the same home.
It happened off Lee Road 445 in Beaureguard, and the flames killed two dogs.The cause may be an air conditioning unit.
Fortunately, no one was home but the family has lost everything.
The fire re-ignited twice Thursday, once at about 6:30 a.m. and again at about 1 p.m., forcing the Beaureguard Volunteer Fire Department to respond both times.
"It was very scary you could see the flames coming from the backside and front side, the smoke just billowing up," said Wendy Boyett, a neighbor. "It really scared me, luckily no one was there."
The four residents of the home that was destroyed are now seeking permanent housing.
Boyett and the Beureguard community are reaching out to help the victims who have lost everything.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trial delayed for alleged Southern Union Comm. College shooter
- Lee County inmate turns himself in after walking away from work detail
- Opelika police need your help identifying debit card theft suspect
- Mother of Opelika rape suspect is no longer a foster parent
- Lee Co. Coroner: Alcohol may have been factor in Tuesday’s fatal crash