Family pets killed, none hurt in Beauregard house fire | News
BEAUREGARD, AL (WTVM)- East Alabama neighbors are on alert after a fire sparked twice in one day at the same home.
It happened off Lee Road 445 in Beaureguard, and the flames killed two dogs.The cause may be an air conditioning unit.
Fortunately, no one was home but the family has lost everything.
The fire re-ignited twice Thursday, once at about 6:30 a.m. and again at about 1 p.m., forcing the Beaureguard Volunteer Fire Department to respond both times.
"It was very scary you could see the flames coming from the backside and front side, the smoke just billowing up," said Wendy Boyett, a neighbor. "It really scared me, luckily no one was there."
The four residents of the home that was destroyed are now seeking permanent housing.
Boyett and the Beureguard community are reaching out to help the victims who have lost everything.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest